How to Invest in a US Business and Obtain a U.S. Visa

Money 2

The United States offers many business category visas for willing foreign investors searching for an option to obtain a visa. However, it is very important for the investor to be aware of the important requirements the visa has for the investor and how the investor invests his or her money. One key guideline to this visa is that the investment can either be to establish a new business venture, or the investment can be used to purchase a pre-existing business.

To begin with, it must be stated that an E2 Treaty Investor visa is a non- immigrant visa. This means that the investor is not granted legal permanent residence and only has a limited amount of time that he or she can spend living in the United States. The visa is usually valid for 2 years; however, the applicant may apply for unlimited extensions so long as the visa is valid.

If you are granted an E2 visa however, you are allowed many freedoms that may make it worth while to the investor. For starters, the investor and his family are allowed entry to live in the United States for the length that the visa is valid. Next, the investor and his or her spouse are allowed to work in the business they are investing in, and any accompanying children under the age of 21 may attend school, college, or university. This visa also allows travel in and out of the United States.

An E2 treaty investor visa is a non-immigrant visa reserved for foreign entrepreneurs of countries that have a Treaty of Trade and Commerce with the United States. E2 investor visas allows foreign investors to enter and work inside of the United States based on a substantial investment in a bona fide enterprise. In this article we’re going to explain the top E2 Visa Requirements for Investors and the qualifications.

This visa is not offered to everyone however. In order to qualify for this visa, the United States must have an investment treaty with the foreign national’s home country. Some examples of countries that have an investment treaty with the United States are: Belgium, Iran, Germany, Canada, the U.K., and Turkey, to list a few.

Living in a country that has an investment treaty with the United States is not enough. The applicant must be a citizen of one of the qualifying countries. Being a legal permanent resident of one of the qualifying countries is not enough. The applicant must have a valid passport from the treaty country. Also, the applicant does not have to be living in the country at the time of applying.

Finally, there is the matter of the actual investment that must be made, what the investor may invest in, how much must be invested, and what the United States hopes the investment will accomplish. Due to the complexity of this section, this portion of the requirement of the E2 investment visa will be discussed in its own blog.

In order to be sure that you meet the requirements and/ or to properly file a petition, it is advisable to seek legal guidance from an experienced and knowledgeable immigration attorney.

This is an immigration legal blog. It is not intended to be used as legal advice. For further information please contact the law offices of attorney Ramona Kennedy.

Ramona Kennedy (Attorney) received her Jurisprudence Doctorate in America and is a licensed attorney in California (USA). Ramona Kennedy is a member of American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA). Ramona Kennedy is fluent in English and Farsi (reading & writing) & speaks Azeri Turkish.


Phones: 13106230080 & 19496770063

Imo: 13106230080 & 19496770063

Telegram: 19496770063

WhatsApp: 19496770063

Office Locations:

Los Angeles (Westwood) Location

-Openheimer tower

10880 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 1101 Los Angeles CA 90024

Phone: 13106230080

Orange County Locations:


-7700 Irvine Center Dr. Suite 800, Irvine, CA 92618

Newport Beach:

-5000 Birch St, Suite 3000 Newport Beach CA 92660

Phone: 19496770063

Published by kennedylawblog

Lawyer in California, USA Fluent in American English & Persian (Farsi); Speaks Azeri (Turkish)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Best Lawyer USA

Kennedy Law Ramona Kennedy, Esq. (949)677-0063


Ramona Kennedy (Attorney) received her Jurisprudence Doctorate(Doctorate in law) in America. Ramona Kennedy is a licensed Attorney in California (USA) and a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA). Ms. Kennedy's areas of practice are US Immigration law, US federal Laws and California State Laws. This is an immigration law blog. It is not intended to be used as legal advise. For further information please contact the law offices of Attorney Ramona Kennedy.

%d bloggers like this: