us passportUnder Section 319(a) and316(a) of the INA, a person can file for Citizenship when the timing is appropriate. To do so, filing must happen 90 Calendar days before eligibility. Applications filed sooner will be rejected.In Order to become a US citizen through naturalization, one must be a permanent resident first.
Permanent resident for at least 4 years and 9 months; or Permanent resident for at least 2 years and 9 months if married to a US citizen.
–U.S. Citizenship through birth or Parents who are citizen
To become a citizen at birth, one must:
Been born in the US, or certain territory or be subject to US jurisdiction such as military basis outside of the US. OR
have a parent or parents who were citizens at the time of your birth, Citizen Parents must meet certain residency requirements.
–Birth of U.S. Citizens Abroad
After the birth of a child to the US, he child’s parents should contact the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate. Parents then would apply for a “Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) to report and document “birth of a US citizen”. After the U.S. embassy or determines the child acquired U.S. citizenship at birth, the application is approved and a form FS-240 is issued under the child’s name. This form can be used to obtain a passport or show the proof of citizenship of a child.
Not to document a child may delay the future claims to be approved an may jeopardize the benefits, eligibility or any protection the child may get through the birth or thereafter, such as entry to the US.

–For Citizenship “After” Birth
A child must be a derivative of an applicant citizen or acquire the citizenship.
–Have the Minimum Knowledge about the Country , Know some English
Most applicants must to take a test on:
Civics (U.S. history and government); And be able to understand, read and write basic English.
–Special Naturalization Provisions apply to members of military and their family
Members and veterans and their family may be able to become a citizen sooner than regular time.
Dual Citizenship:
One may lose his foreign birth nationality if received US citizenship. Countries such as India will revoke the citizenship of its national if a US citizenship is acquired.

This is an immigration legal blog. It is not intended to be used as legal advice. For further information please contact the law offices of attorney Ramona Kennedy.

Ramona Kennedy (Attorney) received her Jurisprudence Doctorate in America and is a licensed attorney in California (USA). Ramona Kennedy is a member of American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA). Ramona Kennedy is fluent in English and Farsi (reading & writing) & speaks Azeri Turkish.


Phones: 13106230080 & 19496770063

Imo: 13106230080 & 19496770063

Telegram: 19496770063

WhatsApp: 19496770063

Office Locations:

Los Angeles (Westwood) Location

-Openheimer tower

10880 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 1101 Los Angeles CA 90024

Phone: 13106230080

Orange County Locations:


-7700 Irvine Center Dr. Suite 800, Irvine, CA 92618

Newport Beach:

-5000 Birch St, Suite 3000 Newport Beach CA 92660

Phone: 19496770063


Published by kennedylawblog

Lawyer in California, USA Fluent in American English & Persian (Farsi); Speaks Azeri (Turkish)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Best Lawyer USA

Kennedy Law Ramona Kennedy, Esq. (949)677-0063


Ramona Kennedy (Attorney) received her Jurisprudence Doctorate(Doctorate in law) in America. Ramona Kennedy is a licensed Attorney in California (USA) and a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA). Ms. Kennedy's areas of practice are US Immigration law, US federal Laws and California State Laws. This is an immigration law blog. It is not intended to be used as legal advise. For further information please contact the law offices of Attorney Ramona Kennedy.

%d bloggers like this: