One of the requirements for the EB-5 visa is capital investment. Capital can be cash, equipment related to your business, the inventory of your business, properties, among other things.
It should be said that any assets that you have obtained, through direct or indirect means, that are found to have been created through illegal activities will not be counted as capital for your EB-5 visa. You must be able to demonstrate that you legally own all of the capital that you are investing.
The investment amount requirements are as follows:
- If you are filing before Nov. 21, 2019, the minimum required investment is $1,000,000. If you are filing after Nov. 21, 2019, the minimum required investment will be $1,800,000.
- If you are filing before Nov. 21, 2019, and you are investing in a Targeted Employment Area (or TEA) then the minimum required investment is $500,000. If you are filing after Nov. 21, 2019 and you are investing in a Targeted Employment Area (TEA) then the minimum required investment will be $900,000
What is a TEA, or Targeted Employment Area?
A targeted employment area can be either a rural area or a place that has a high rate of unemployment, which is said to be 150% the national average or higher.
A high unemployment area can be situated in any of the following places, as long as the area’s rate of unemployment is at least 150% of the national average:
- An MSA, which is a metropolitan statistical area (the definition of which is set forth by the Office of Management and Budget).
- A county within a metropolitan statistical area (MSA).
- Any county that has a city with a population over 20,000.
This is an immigration legal blog. It is not intended to be used as legal advice. For further information please contact the law offices of attorney Ramona Kennedy.
Ramona Kennedy (Attorney) received her Jurisprudence Doctorate in America and is a licensed attorney in California (USA). Ramona Kennedy is a member of American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA). Ramona Kennedy is fluent in English and Farsi (reading & writing) & speaks Azeri Turkish.
Phones: 13106230080 & 19496770063
Imo: 13106230080 & 19496770063
Telegram & WhatsApp: 19496770063
Los Angeles (Westwood) Location
10880 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 1101 Los Angeles CA 90024
Orange County Locations:
-7700 Irvine Center Dr. Suite 800, Irvine, CA 92618
-5000 Birch St, Suite 3000 Newport Beach CA 92660